Foie Gras Appetizers
- 1 cup water
- 7 tbsp butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- poppy seeds
- a small block of foie gras
- onion confit
- fleur de sel
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
-Heat water and butter and salt until boiling.
-Remove from heat, add flour all at once and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon. -Return the pan to heat and dry the paste, stirring until it pulls away from sides of the pan and a thin white coating is formed on the bottom.
-Transfer the dough in a bowl and stir once, add an egg.
-Let cool slightly and add the remaining eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
-Stir in enough eggs so the dough is soft.
-Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
-Make a small mound (the size of a walnut) with a pastry bag on a plate covered with greaseproof paper (or on a sheet of silicone).
-Beat an egg and brush over mounds.
-Sprinkle each with some poppy seeds and bake 20 minutes until nicely browned. 2 minutes before removing from the oven, leave the oven door ajar for a few seconds to release steam and prevent their relapse after cooking.
Let them cool slightly before cutting in half without separating them completely. Top each with a little onion confit and a small cube of foie gras seasoned with sea salt. Cool and refrigerate until serving.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.