10 irresistible fried finger foods
Fried foods aren't exactly "light," but we still love them from time to time. Here are 10 recipes you simply won't be able to resist!
Cauliflower and Parmesan tater tots
Boil or roast the cauliflower, then mash or blend it into a puree. Add finely chopped onion, breadcrumbs, grated Swiss, an egg, chives, salt and pepper. Shape the tater tots into bite-size ovals, coat in olive oil, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.