Baby/Kid friendly creamy mashed zucchini with cumin and cinnamon
Simply a marvel. The texture of the puree is close to the soup.
- 3 zucchini
- 1 1/3 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt, your choice)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Clean the zucchini, cut into thick slices, place them in an ovenproof dish with a little water and cook in the microwave on high for 6-7 minutes, or until that they are tender.
Drain well, place them in the food processor fitted with a chopping blade and turn until a smooth puree; add yogurt.
Stir in cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper, and serve hot, warm or cold!
If the baby is more than one year old, you can begin to introduce him to the world of spices with this recipe, just leave out the salt.
You'll also love
- Baby/ Kid friendly Autumn Soup 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Mexican fruit 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Gaveyard dirt 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Potato Patties 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Ham, Tomato, and Potato Puree 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Fish, fennel and broccoli puree... 2.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Mrs. Sharma's Rice and Peas 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Jeera rice 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!