Mrs. Sharma's Rice and Peas
Rate this recipe 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups peas, frozen
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 cup basmati rice (rinsed in room temperature water - let stand 1/2 hour first)
- 2 1/4 cups warm water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in pot. Cook onions. Add cumin seeds, and heat.
Add peas and salt. Cook off water from peas.
Add rice and water. Turn down low. Cook for 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Zucchini and Cumin Puree 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Basmati Rice 4/5 (18 Votes)
- cream of any vegetable soup 2.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Pani puri 2.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Greek Potatoes 2.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Red Bean and Rice 2.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Upma kollukkattai 2.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Rice 2.3/5 (37 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe