Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Rice
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divded (1+3)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, or 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 2 cups rice
- 6 cups water
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1+1/2 cups low fat milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Using the flat side of a wide skillet, flatten chicken breasts between plastic wrap until 6mm thick
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, feta, and parsley. Remove from heat
Divide vegetable mixture over the chicken breast, rolling them up to hold filling. Thread a toothpick at the seam of each roll to secure
In a wide shallow dish, beat eggs with milk. Spread bread crumbs onto a large plate. Dip chicken rolls in egg, allowing excess to drip off, and then roll in crumbs, coating all sides. Refrigerate while you cook rice.
Cook rice for 10 minutes less than usual.
Add mushroom and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned. Sprinkle with flour, stirring to combine. Pour in chicken broth and milk and bring to a simmer. Lower heat and cook, stirring often, until thickened.
Add rice to skillet, stirring to combine. Pour rice mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish or aluminum pan. Top with chicken rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (113 Votes)
- Chicken Sun Dried Broccoli Raab 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Grandmommy's Chicken Dumplings 3/5 (22 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice 3/5 (17 Votes)
- Stuffed Bell Peppers 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage Leaves 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Chinese rice salad 3/5 (19 Votes)
- Quick Antipasto 3/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!