Roasted Chicken stuffed with Garlic, Rosemary and Lemon
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 1 stick butter (soften at room temperature)
- 1 garlic clove
- finely minced
- 1 lemon (zest
- and cut into wedges)
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon parsley
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425.
Loosen the skin of chicken above the breast area.
Add 1/2 stick butter, 1 tbs olive oil, garlic, chopped rosemary and lemon zest to a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Add the butter mixture under the skin.
Sprinkle salt and pepper inside chicken cavity and stuff with butter, garlic, sprigs of rosemary, and lemon wedges.
Place chicken in the roasting pan. Drizzle 1 tbs olive oil to chicken and rub evenly all over. (If there's any left over butter mixture rub that on the top of chicken as well.) Sprinkle generous amount of salt, pepper, finely chopped rosemary and parsley over the chicken.
Place the pan to the hot oven and reduce the heat to 400ºF and roast for 30 minutes. Then pour the reserved lemon juice over chicken and continue to roast on 350ºF for another 60 minutes. (Lightly tent with foil if chicken is browning too quickly.)
Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before you carve it.
Use fresh ingredients for the best flavor.
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (175 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake 4/5 (176 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (110 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Breast 4.3/5 (105 Votes)
- Rabbit stew 4.7/5 (89 Votes)
- Sweetbreads with chanterelles and... 3.5/5 (176 Votes)
- Chicken Stuffed with Vegetables 3.1/5 (202 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.