Get up to 25% more juice from your lemons, with this clever hack!
With this easy trick, you can get so much more juice from your lemons, and it only takes seconds! We are actually quite amazed at how well this one works...
How to get more juice from your lemons
Juicing a lemon is no easy task, especially if you are doing it by hand, so it makes sense that you want to get as much juice as possible from each fruit!
the good news: there is one very easy way to do this.
Microwaving your lemons for 20 seconds or more before juicing them can yeild up to 25% more juice.
Why? Because the heat breaks down the firm cell walls of the plant, allowing the juices to flow more freely. So there isn't technically more juice, it's just much easier to get to!
Neat, isn't it!
Psssst.... click here for the recipe to the most delicious lemon cheesecake you've ever tasted!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!