VANILLA PUDDING (Microwave method)
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbs butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Pour 1/2 cup milk into a deep bowl (I like to use a 4-cup pyrex measuring jug) and add the cornstarch. Mix until there are no lumps.
Add the eggs and whisk thoroughly.
Add all the remaining ingredients & stir.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes. (I like to cook my pudding directly in the pyrex measuring jug. I set the jug inside a cereal bowl when it goes in the microwave. If the pudding happens to boil over the top of the jug, it will go into the cereal bowl and not make a mess in the microwave).
Remove from microwave and stir. Return to microwave for another 2 minutes, them remove and stir again. Continue microwaving and stirring every 2 minutes until the pudding thickens.
When pudding has thickened, add 1 tbsp butter and stir.
Let cool slightly, then pour into individual serving dishes.
Top with whipped cream & sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
You'll also love
- Homemade Pull Taffy! 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Dirt Cake 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Chocolate Pudding 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Peach and Vanilla Parfait 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Lena's Little Cookies3 sticks... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Country Style Vanilla Ice Cream 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Brownie in a Mug 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.