Versatile replacement crust for pot pies, pizzas, whatever.
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- any kind or 3/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- gravy or sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 450. Precook all vegetables and meats. Lightly spray pizza pan or 8x8 dish.
In medium bowl, combine rice, egg, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Evenly press rice mixture into bottom of pan. Using the bottom of a glass or measuring cup can make it easier to press.
Bake 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with desired toppings, return to oven for 10 more minutes. Top with cheese, if desired, and bake another 2 minutes.
Ideas: chicken, gravy, veggies; beef, gravy, veggies; pork, gravy, veggies; spaghetti sauce, beef, mushrooms; pizza sauce; beef, pepperoni, sausage, onions, cheese; onions, peppers, beef
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!