Holiday Chicken Roulade with Pomegranate Pilaf
Tender chicken rolls stuffed with zesty sun-dried tomato, baby spinach and cheese. Served with a festive wild rice pilaf, bringing the colors of the Christmas season to your holiday table.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Four (4 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Panko crumbs
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- both white and green parts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Remove sun-dried tomatoes from jar (reserving the oil) and combine with garlic and Parmesan cheese in a food processor. Pulse until thoroughly combined. Drizzle additional oil from jar if it gets too thick. Season to taste with fresh ground pepper and set aside.
Brush some reserved oil in the bottom of a glass baking dish.
Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound until thin. Lie chicken breasts smooth side down and spread each evenly with sun-dried tomato paste. Place squares of cream cheese over tomato paste and cover with spinach leaves. Starting at a short end, tightly roll up chicken. Brush each with more reserved oil, roll in panko and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 is reached. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, prepare wild rice mix according to package directions. Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet and add almonds, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove almonds with slotted spoon and set aside. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to skillet and cook green onion until just wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in almonds and pomegranate seeds.
Serve roulade slices with the pilaf and garnish all with chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (252 Votes)
- Tilaphia with rice and tomatoes 3.6/5 (112 Votes)
- Chicken Spinach and Pea Puree 3.1/5 (148 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Salad 3.4/5 (160 Votes)
- Starlight Brownie Pie with... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Skor Bar 4.7/5 (57 Votes)
- Apple Hash 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.