Rate this recipe 5/5 (1 Votes)
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pt blueberries
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Cream butter, add sugar gradually until fluffy. Add well beaten egg yolks.
Sift flour, soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add alternately with milk (end with the flour) to the mixture. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
Dredge berries with flour and gently stir into mixture with a wooden spoon.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan and bake for 35-40 min at 350 degrees.
You'll also love
- Magically Decadent Cookie Bars 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Homemade fondant 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Homemade Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- White Chocolate Blueberry Cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Cup Cakes 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- heaven cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Blueberry Duff (Boiled Blueberry... 4.3/5 (54 Votes)
- Blueberry Cake 4/5 (78 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe