Not too sweet and perfect with coffee or tea!
Blueberry Cake. Discover our recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Grease pan, preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream together shortening and sugar
Add milk and eggs and stir
Sift in baking powder, salt, and flour and stir
Gently fold in blueberries, pour into greased pan.
bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!