Eclair Icebox Cake
- 2 small boxes of French vanilla pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip
- 1 box (3 sleeves) graham crackers
- 6 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl whisk the pudding with the milk. Allow to set up for a couple minutes in the fridge. Then fold in the Cool Whip.
2. In a 13”x9" pan layer graham crackers to cover the bottom of the pan. Then spread half the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers.
3. Place a second layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding as tight fitting as you can. Then spread the second half of the pudding on top.
4. Place one last layer of graham crackers fitted on top of the pudding.
5. In a separate bowl beat the butter, milk and vanilla with a hand mixer. Add cocoa and powdered sugar. Mix on LOW until incorporated (you don't want the dry ingredients to fly out of the bowl at you.) Spread over the top of the graham crackers.
6. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours to overnight. Cut and serve cold.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!