Citrus Cake of Kings
By Les Gâteaux Magiques d'Alilo
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom
- 1 teaspoon orange flavoring
- 1 tsp of lemon flavor
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 7 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp jam
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 tbsp grain sugar
- dark chocolate chips and pecan pieces
- 1 bean
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 22mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Warm milk in a bowl in the microwave for 10 sec. Add yeast and mix with a fork. Add salt and sugar and mix. Wait 3 min.
In your food processor, MAP, or bowl, add the flour. Add the above prepared with yeast. Knead for 1 min (preparation is sandy, normal, just mix the ingredients very well, keep kneading it).
Add the beaten eggs. The flavors and sugar. Knead for 5 minutes (the dough should be sticky at this stage). Remove the bowl of your food processor or MAP. Let stand covered with a clean cloth for 30 min.
Replace the filter in its place. Add the soft butter, diced. Knead for 5 min. Add flour and knead for 3 minutes (the dough should be elastic and even a little sticky). Let rise for 2 hours in the bowl in a warm place covered with a clean cloth.
Remove dough, punch and knead. Form the crown on your baking sheet and place the dough. Create a hole using a glass or parchment paper. Let rise again for 2 h.
Remove the glass. Bake in preheated oven at 300 ° for 12 min. Make a glaze with jam and honey and water. Mix and heat in the microwave for 15 sec. Brush on the brioche.
Sprinkle with grain sugar (and add the candied fruit ... optional). Bake again for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle like me, dark chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Let cool on rack.
You'll also love
- French Riviera Torte 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Fresh Apple Cheese Bake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sex In A Pan 3.9/5 (127 Votes)
- hummus 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Meatless grape leaves stuffed with... 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Italian Florentine Cookies 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Scallop Carpaccio 4/5 (53 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Crab Salad with Citrus Fruit 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!