Crab Salad with Citrus Fruit
- 1 cup canned crab meat
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 small oranges
- 1 cucumber
- fresh parsley and chives, chopped finely
- salt and pepper
- a few rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Peel the oranges and cut into quarters.
Peel and slice the cucumber and avocado.
Strain the crab and flake it with a fork.
Mix the crab with the mayonnaise.
In a tall, wide glass, place the orange, avocado and cucumber. Top with the crab.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with the rocket leaves.
You'll also love
- Southwestern Creamy Pureed Black... 3.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Salmon, Avocado, and Soy Sauce... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Pastry Covered Salmon and Scallops... 3.7/5 (113 Votes)
- Cheese Scones 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Noodle Salad 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Banana Avocado Mash 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Italian Farfalle salad 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Amy Penwell's Fruit tart 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!