Pastry Covered Salmon and Scallops with a Lemon Butter Emulsion
- 1 salmon filet 4-6 lbs
- puff pastry 16 oz
- 8 oz scallops
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter
- lemon juice
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 350 ° F
Mix scallops with salt, pepper,
whipped egg whites until, then add the sour cream. Mix.
Salt and pepper the salmon fillets. Stuff the fillets with scallop/ sour cream mixture.
Wrap the salmon in puff pastry and bake 25 minutes.
Prepare the emulsion: Mix lemon juice with equal quantities of water, a pinch of salt, boil and add cubes of butter and remove from heat and beat. Drizzle over salmon but not on the dough.
You'll also love
- Rolled Stuffed Smoked Salmon 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Mussels au gratin 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Bobo de camarao 3.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Seafood Casserole 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Tuna and salmon makis 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
- Petite Strawberry Tarts 3.5/5 (191 Votes)
- escargot and maroilles cheese... 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Pasta with Salmon cream sauce 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!