Fish and Vegetable Casserole
By Mac' aron
- For the fish:
- 14 oz salmon
- 14 oz halibut (or other white fish)
- 8 oz haddock
- For the vegetables:
- 1 lb potato
- 4 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 3 yellow turnips
- 4 stalks of celery
- a handful of snap beans
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons fish stock
- 2 1/2 cups of white wine
- 1 2/3 of cream
- 1 pinch of curry
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to at 350 ° F
For the fish: Cut fish into small pieces about 2 inches.
For the vegetables: Peel and slice all vegetables: potatoes, carrots, leeks, fennel bulbs, turnips, celery, beans, onion. Cut the garlic in 2.
For the sauce: Mix white wine, cream, fish stock and curry.
Grease an oven proof dish, add layer of potatoes, then vegetables, then fish. Repeat the operation making sure to finish with a layer of potatoes. Place bay leaves within the casserole. Pour the sauce over the casserole and close the pot with the lid or foil. Put the pan in the preheated oven and let cook for 3 hours. Serve with a green salad.
You'll also love
- Monkfish Terrine 3.4/5 (270 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Herb Crusted Salmon with Arugula... 3.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Salmon Tartare 4.1/5 (150 Votes)
- Winter Warming Leek and Potato Soup 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Hamburger caserole 4.9/5 (56 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Osso Bucco 4.1/5 (89 Votes)
- Apple Chutney 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Fish Marinated in Lime 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!