- 5 cups rice, cooked
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 pkg Nori seaweedsheets
- 3 carrots, julianne
- 3 celery sticks, julianne
- 3 avocados, julianne
- 1 red bell pepper, julianne
- 6 green onions, julianne
- 1 pkg tofu, fried and julianne
- Soy sauce, to serve
- Wasabi, to serve
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Combine rice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and sesame oil.
Spread rice mixture over seaweed in a thin layer.
On the corner you start rolling with, layer vegetables and tofu. Roll tightly. Seal the end with sesame oil. Cut into 1/2 inch sections.
Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
You'll also love
- Vegetarian Broccoli Salad with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.1/5 (249 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Stir Fry 4.7/5 (56 Votes)
- Black Bean White Corn Salsa 4.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Stuffed Pepper in Tomato Sauce 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Ven pongal 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Crispy spring rolls 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!