Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Raw rice ¾ cup
- Moong dal ¼ cup
- Water 3 ½ cup
- Salt 3 tsp
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Cashew 1 tbsp
- Peppercorns ½ tsp
- Cumin ½ tsp
- Curry leaves 6 – 7
- Ginger ¼ inch
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Soak rice and moong dal in water for 15 to 30 minutes.
Mix rice, moong dal, water and salt in a pressure cooker and cook in high flame.
Once the first whistle blows simmer the stove allow it to cook for 8 more minutes.
Turn off the flame. Once the pressure is released open the cooker.
In a pan sauté cashew, peppercorns, cumin seeds, curry leaves and ginger in ghee and add it to the pongal and mix it.
Serve with chutney or sambar.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Green Peppers 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (169 Votes)
- Potatoes Eggs and Cheese 4.2/5 (116 Votes)
- Rice and Tomato salad 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.1/5 (270 Votes)
- Western Sandwhich 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Pancakes 4.7/5 (83 Votes)
- Moong Daal Recipe 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Crispy Ham and Egg Cups
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?
Review this recipe