- Raw rice ¾ cup
- Moong dal ¼ cup
- Water 3 ½ cup
- Salt 3 tsp
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Cashew 1 tbsp
- Peppercorns ½ tsp
- Cumin ½ tsp
- Curry leaves 6 – 7
- Ginger ¼ inch
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Soak rice and moong dal in water for 15 to 30 minutes.
Mix rice, moong dal, water and salt in a pressure cooker and cook in high flame.
Once the first whistle blows simmer the stove allow it to cook for 8 more minutes.
Turn off the flame. Once the pressure is released open the cooker.
In a pan sauté cashew, peppercorns, cumin seeds, curry leaves and ginger in ghee and add it to the pongal and mix it.
Serve with chutney or sambar.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (167 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (141 Votes)
- Mini Quiche Lorraine without batter 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Savories- Cheese and Onion... 2.9/5 (197 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?