Stuffed Green Peppers
Stuffed green peppers are a healthy and original meal. You can stuff them with almost anything that you have on hand (including leftovers!) and serve them with a green salad or oven-roasted potatoes. So what are you waiting for, let's get cooking!
- 4 Lg. Green peppers
- 1 Lb. burger
- 1 bag rice (boil in a bag minute rice)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 Cup diced onion (opt.)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Boil rice according to package. Set aside.
Cut off tops of peppers. Remove seeds. Boil in large pan 10 min, until darker in color, partially soft. Drain upside down on towel.
Mix together rice, burger, and tomato sauce.
Put in pepper cups.
Place upright in pan.
Bake 350 degrees for 45 min.
Cover with cheese. Bake additional 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
If you don't want to do all this, chop up Green peppers, mix everything together in large pan. Season with chili powder and it becomes Spanish Rice!
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (445 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.9/5 (325 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (215 Votes)
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls 3.3/5 (214 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 3.8/5 (155 Votes)
- Blue Burger 4.7/5 (75 Votes)
- Toshka/Maria 5/5 (41 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!