Spinach Brown Rice Cereal!
I always experiment with different things to feed my son and this is something he just loves! It's homemade brown rice cereal with spinach purée
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- Breast milk or formula
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brown rice powder: 1 cup of uncooked brown rice grains (you can use whichever kind of rice you prefer). Blend the grains a few at a time in a food processor or blender. If you wish for it to be very fine, use a coffee/herb grinder.
Bring water to boil, then add rice powder, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat to very low and simmer for 10 mins, stirring frequently.
Add the desired amount of breast milk or formula to get the consistency you desire for your child.
Spinach purée: simply steam some spinach leaves until just softened. You don't want to take all the goodness out of them.
Purée the spinach in a blender or food processor, then add some water to get a nice smooth consistency.
If your baby is old enough, you can spice it up with some garlic or other herbs from your pantry!
You don't have to mix the brown rice and spinach purees, they are each very good on their own.
You'll also love
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb with a Hint of... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- Spinach and Curry sauce Briouats 3.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Avocado, Broccoli, Edamame 4.9/5 (63 Votes)
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni 2.8/5 (245 Votes)
- Carrots with Curry 5/5 (38 Votes)
- Berry Avocado Spinach Minaj 5/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!