- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- thawed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat, add finely chopped fresh garlic cloves.
Sauté garlic in butter a minute or so. Do not let garlic burn or it will be bitter.
Blend in 2 Tablespoons flour to make a roux.
Add salt and pepper and heat until mixture bubbles, stirring constantly
Add spinach, and mix well. Cook 2 minutes.
Add sour cream,
cook another 15-20 minutes over low to medium heat, stirring regularly.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!