Our healthy side dishes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Oreo-Stuffed Brownies
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Healthy side dishes recipes
Stuffed Green Peppers
Stuffed green peppers are a healthy and original meal
- 4 Lg. Green peppers
- 1 Lb. burger
- 1 bag rice (boil in a bag minute rice)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 Cup diced onion (opt.)
Potato Almond Patties
Aloo tikki/ potato patties are my all favorite
- Potatoes - 3 to 4
- Onion finely chopped - ¾ cup
- Turmeric powder/haldi - a pinch
- Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Amchoor powder/dry mango- ¼ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - ½ tsp
- Cumin powder/jeera - ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala powder - ¼ tsp
- Green chillies chopped - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Bread Crumbs- 5 tbsp
- Almonds -1 cup
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to shallow fry
Vietnamese Salad Rolls
By sbeck32, Chef Beck Catering
Healthy mixture of vegetables comes together in these richly flavorful appetizers
- 12 rice paper sheets, 6-8 inches diameter
- 1/2 daikon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 belgian endive
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 package rice noodles
- 1/2 nub of ginger
- 1/4c sesame oil
- 1 large carrot
- miso paste/powder
EASY DIY HERBED CHEESE SPREAD
By Culinary One, CULINARY ONE
What’s a good healthy snack add on, rich in calcium and easy as 1-2-3? Why cheese of course! But then ain’t pla...
- • 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- • ½ a tomato
- • 2 triangles of Gouda Cheese
- • 5 leaves of Oregano or Basil or any herb you like, chopped
- • a dash or 2 of Chili Flakes
Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
I love stuffed peppers. They’re simple to make, there are so many varieties you can put together, and when do
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 2 Medium-Large Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1/2 Small Onion, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Corn Kernels (frozen is fine)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Green Onions, Optional
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!