Potato Almond Patties
Aloo tikki/ potato patties are my all favorite. Potato Almond Patties is the new twist to old boring aloo tikki. Believe me when you add almonds to the tikkis the taste gets crunchier and thus tastier. These are perfect starter and will be enjoyed by all. Just chop some salad and sandwich in burger buns- here your quick dinner is ready :)
Check out more recipes from Merry Tummy ... Easy to exotic
- Potatoes - 3 to 4
- Onion finely chopped - ¾ cup
- Turmeric powder/haldi - a pinch
- Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Amchoor powder/dry mango- ¼ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - ½ tsp
- Cumin powder/jeera - ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala powder - ¼ tsp
- Green chillies chopped - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Bread Crumbs- 5 tbsp
- Almonds -1 cup
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to shallow fry
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and boil the potatoes in their skin, until tender & soft. I cook them in pressure cooker for 4 to 5 whistles.
Dry roast the almonds (put aside some to garnish) and powder it in the mixer.
Once the pressure goes off, peel the skin and mash the potatoes.
In a wide bowl, add the mashed potatoes, finely chopped onion, turmeric, red chilly, amchoor, salt, ginger garlic paste, cumin, chaat masala, green chillies, almond powder & coriander leaves.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice and bread crumbs to it & mix thoroughly.
With oiled hands, divide it into equal portions and roll them into balls.
Flatten them to small disc shape. Garnish with almond on the top
Heat a pan on medium flame.
Add oil and fry .When they’re golden brown and crisp at both sides, remove the tikkis.
Have these healthy patties with burger buns and salad.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Green Peppers 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Crunchy Almond Cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Classic Meat Loaf 4.6/5 (4 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Brazilian Fish in Pineapple &... 4.1/5 (71 Votes)
- Easy Beef Taco Salad 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlet in Indian Spices 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Dannielle's Twice Baked Potatoes 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Potato Wedges 4.1/5 (20 Votes)