Chicken Cutlet in Indian Spices
Easy Peasy Succulent Chicken Cutlet, sure to please everyone in no time and the addition of crispy fried onions along with fresh coriander/parsley gives it a very distinctive pallatable taste. It can be made using fresh or frozen ingredients.
Easy Peasy Succulent Chicken Cutlet made Indian-style. Discover our recipe.
- 2 Eggs + 1Tbsp warm water – For egg wash
- 4 Tbsp Cornflour – For Dredging
- 6 Tbsp Oil – for sautéing the cutlet
- For the Chicken Mince:
- 5 Chicken Breast Fillet – OR you may take ground chicken
- 1 Tsp Ginger-garlic paste – You may use fresh or store bought as per availability
- 1 Medium Onion – Cubed
- 1 Large Boiled Potato – Peeled and cubed
- ¼ Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 Large Green Chili – thinly chopped – Add as per taste - OPTIONAL
- Powdered Spices:
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala – Easily available in most local grocers.
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder (Jeera)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- For Bread Coating:
- 4 Slices of Brown Bread – You may use regular bread
- 2 Tbsp of Flour – I’m using whole wheat, you may use all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup Crispy Fried Onions – Easily available in stores or can be made at home
- ¼ Cup Fresh Coriander/Parsley Leaves
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a food processor, pulse together the “bread coating” ingredients to a thin crumbly powder and keep aside in a medium bowl.
Now, place all the mentioned ingredients under chicken mince and powdered spices and pulse to form a thick minced paste.
Scoop the chicken mince paste into a medium bowl.
Take a small palm size amount of this paste and form into desired shape (round/oval/rectangle/any) and coat them with cornflour on both sides.
Follow the step till all the cutlets are made.
In a small bowl take eggs+1tbsp water and whisk for 1min.
Now take each chicken cutlet and dip it evenly coating both sides.
Place the egg coated cutlet into the bread mixture. Evenly coat on both sides and pat with hands to form a thick even cutlet.
Follow steps 7 till all cutlets are coated with bread.
Now heat a large nonstick pan on high for 2min and pour 1tbsp oil.
Place about 4-5 uncooked chicken cutlet and shallow fry on both sides till they are evenly brown and the chicken is cooked (Takes about 5-6 min for each batch of 4-5 cutlets to cook on medium heat)
Serve Hot with a dollop of sour cream or butter.
If time permits, refrigerate these uncooked cutlet for couple of mins, so that the coating sets.
You'll also love
- Bacon Chicken 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Quick Beef Stew 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Golden Fried Oysters 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- POACHED EGGS 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Cornflake chicken 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Channa Chaat 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken stuffed with... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Coriander Channa Pulao 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe