- 1 1/3 lbs meat
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (+ or-2 according to taste)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, minced (again to taste)
- Pepper if you like spicy, also minced
- 4 fresh tomatoes that we must mix (again, almost sparkling)
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Turmeric will (according to taste), can of course be replaced by curry
- 1 or 2 bay leaves do wonders if you have at hand,
- Optional: lemon juice.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
For a meat curry with meat, begin by removing the meat from the bone, dice, then sear.
While it takes nice colors, mix the 2 onions.
Add them to the meat with garlic, fresh ginger and chilli (all chopped).
Sauté lightly mixed and add the tomatoes, coconut milk and turmeric. You may add 1 or 2 bay leaves. Simmer.
Optional: add a little salt and lemon juice to taste.
You'll also love
- Quinoa Potato Cakes 2.8/5 (176 Votes)
- Garlic bread toast 3.9/5 (87 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Chili 4.2/5 (63 Votes)
- Apple Chutney 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Tomato Tart 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Ham Terrine with Zucchini 3.2/5 (201 Votes)
- Tomato mozzarella toast 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Fish Marinated in Lime 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture