Coriander Channa Pulao
One pot meal, made with rice, chickpea,and coriander and other spices
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Channa - 3/4 cup (Soaked over night or atleast 8 hours)
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 a bunch (Say 1/2 a cup of coriander puree
- here the coriander bunches are little bigger).
- Onion - 1 medium
- tomato - 1 big
- Green chilies - 2
- ginger garlic paste - 1 tea spoon
- Dry garam masala:
- cinnamon stick- 1 small
- fennel seeds - 1/2 a tea spoon
- anistar - 1
- bay leaves - 1
- cloves - 2-3
- Masala powders:
- Garam masala - 1/2 tea spoon
- Chili powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon
- to garnish
- coriander and mint leaves - a few
- Fried cashewnuts - a few
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
1. Wash and soak rice for 30 mins.
2. In a Pressure cooker, heat 3 tea spoons of oil and add the items listed in dry garam masala.
3. Then add the sliced onions and green chili and saute well.
4. When the onions turn transparent, add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell leaves.
5. Then add cubed tomatoes and saute until they turn soft.
6. In the mean time, wash the coriander leaves and make puree and keep ready.
7.When the tomatoes turn soft, add the puree to it and mix.
8. after a minute add the soaked channa and rice one by one and fry for a minute.
9. Add 1 and 3/4 cups of water and cook for two to three whistles. (Water normally you add to cook the basmati rice is sufficient, no need to add extra water for channa..)
10.When the preaure releases completely, slowly mix with fork. Garnish, then serve with Raitha.
Add a tea spoon of Ghee at the end for an extra flavor
Soaking the chickpea for atlest 8 hours will give a softness for it..
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!