Mom's aloo tikian with chole (indian potato patties with chickpeas)
Best indian party food EVER!
- 6 small potatoes
- Green chili pepper
- All purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- CHOLE MIX
- Canned chickpeas
- Cumin seeds or jeera
- Tomato paste
- Black pepper powder
- Indian yogurt or dahi
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
To start off with the tikian; boil the potatoes (with the skin on) til the knife easily goes into them without any pressure.
Drain the potatoes and peel the skins off (you will not need to use a potato peeler, it will be easy with your fingers). Then mash the potatoes in a bowl with a hand held or manual masher.
Add finely minced green chili peppers, a little bit of minced ginger to taste, and salt to taste. Mix them together
Shape the mix into small patties, and coat them with a little bit of all purpose flour (the flour make sure they do not break apart when being fried.
Place the tikian one by one into the vegetable oil and fry them until golden brown. When fried place them on a baking tray with towel paper on it to drain excess oil.
While the tikian are cooling off a bit, why not make the chole mix. To make the mix open a can of chickpeas drain the watery stuff in it. The wash and drain the chickpeas.
Once drained, fry the cumin seeds in vegetable oil. Add tomato paste and chickpeas. Mix togethers and garnish with coriander after you are done making the mix, coriander adds a great smell and make the dish look better.
Place how many tikian you want on a plate and garnish with indian yogurt (dahi) and finely minced onions.
You'll also love
- Indian yellow lentils with zucchini 3.1/5 (217 Votes)
- Vegetable Pot Pie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlet in Indian Spices 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Radish and goat cheese 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Mac and cheese. 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Cole Slaw 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Beer Dog Hushpuppies 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Baked stuffed Italian artichokes 2.8/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.