Bright and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Just like at your favorite cafe! This creamy fragrant soup has just enough bright summer flavor to be served any time of year.
- 8 Fresh Tomatoes Chopped
- 64 oz Bottle Vegetable Juice
- Whole Bunch of Fresh Basil- at least 14 large leaves
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- Sprinkle Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Simmer 1/4 the tomatoes and all of the juice in a stock pot over medium heat. While this is simmering, place the remainder of the tomatoes in your processor. Hit the process button a couple of times to ensure the tomatoes aren't liquified, only pureed to a good coarse puree texture. This ensures bright bursts of tomato flavor in your gourmet soup! Add puree to simmering pot. Allow to simmer for 25 mins.
In your processor, blend your basil and heavy cream together. Add this fragrant puree to your simmering soup. Important Hint: Never Boil, Only Simmer.
Now stir your butter into the pot. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp ground garlic (or shred in one yummy garlic clove). Season with salt and pepper liberally. Continue stirring until your butter has melted. Turn heat off and cover until ready to serve.
The longer this sits the more the flavors marry and harmonize. So feel free to make a salad while you torture yourself with the irresistible aroma. Or if you simply cannot resist The Force (as my husband and boys call it) enjoy your soup now. It is delicious right from the start. Who doesn't love a meal that is perhaps even more yummy as leftovers?!
You'll also love
- Italian Bread Bowls 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Doritos Nachos 3.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Cartier Pasta Salad 3.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Hot Tamale Soup 3.1/5 (11 Votes)
- minestrone soup 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
- WATERMELON GAZPACHO 2.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Tomato and Tapenade Verrines 2.7/5 (29 Votes)
- Spaghetti sauce 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe