Potato and Leek Soup
- 2 leeks
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 l milk
- 1/2 l water
- 50g butter
- fresh chives
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Fry the sliced leeks and the potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks, in the butter in a large saucepan.
Add the water and stir in the milk.
Season with salt and pepper and blend with a plunge mixer. Cook for 30 minutes on low heat.
Garnish with a few sticks of fresh chives for decoration.
You'll also love
- Austrian Potato Soup with chives 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato Pockets 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Baked Broccoli 3.8/5 (58 Votes)
- Our Favorite Tacos 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- My Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Shrimp and Spinach Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Easy Cucumber Salad 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pasta E Fagioli 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!