The best chive soup recipes - 7 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: potatoes with chives, chive vegetarian, chive pesto, chives and chicken, Italian parsley
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Top rated Chive soup recipes
Green vegetable soup
By parnships, If The Choux Fits
A healthy soup with broccoli and wild cabbage
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot
- 4 cloves garlic
- 120ml dry white wine
- 2 – 3 medium heads of broccoli
- 750gr roughly chopped wild cabbage and/or spinach
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 littre organic vegetable stock
- 250ml milk (you can replace with double cream, I just wanted to be lighter)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crème fraîche or sour creme (to garnish)
How to make beautiful potato roses
By Pascale Weeks
This extra elegant side dish is made to impress!
Austrian Potato Soup with chives
Heat the oil in a large saucepan
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled, and cut into 3/4- to 1-inch dice
- 2 small carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced
- 5 cups chicken stock OR stock mixed with water
- 1/2 cup sour cream, light or regular
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons finely sliced fresh chives
Guacamole-Stuffed Potato Skins
By Pascale Weeks
Take a break from your regular potato skins recipe, and try stuffing them with homemade guacamole instead! Here's our easy step-by-step recipe.
Chinese Wonton Soup
1. Prepare the stock first by boiling all the ingredients in a deep stockpot
- 8 oz. peeled and deveined medium size shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- 1 oz yellow chives (chopped finely)
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 15 wonton wrappers
- 3 cups stock
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder to taste
- Sesame oil to taste
- 1 1/2 pound leg quarters (chicken thighs and legs)
- 1 1/2 pound lean pork
- 1 1/2 pound ham
- 10 cups water
Potato and Leek Soup
Fry the sliced leeks and the potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks, in the butter in a large saucepan
- 2 leeks
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 l milk
- 1/2 l water
- salt, pepper
- 50g butter
- fresh chives
Tired of fries? These 10 veggies will happily replace potatoes
Get guilt-free CRISPY inspiration right HERE!
Chickpea Flour Soup from Provence
By morselsofparadise, Morsels of Paradise
Quick, hearty, and a healty vegetarian option, this chickpea flour soup recipe becomes a full meal when paired with...
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely diced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo or besan) flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 scallion sliced or chives diced
- ½ lemon cut into wedges
Egg Drop Soup
Traditionally, the broth for Egg Drop Soup is rather bland, allowing the egg flavor to stand out
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- one eighth teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- quarter teaspoon salt
- 1 half tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
Leek and Potato Soup
This is a classic and so tasty!
- 25 g butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 leeks, sliced
- 115 g potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 425 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp chives, snipped
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!