How to make beautiful potato roses
Could you even imagine a more beautiful side dish? These potato roses are great because thanks to the starch in them, the potato petals don't stick to each other, leaving the roses deliciously soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. What more could you want from such an elegant side?
For 6 roses, you'll need:
- 4 large, starchy potatoes
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Kosher salt
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!