This is a vegetarian version of my mom's beef stroganoff.
- 1 sweet onion
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 pkg veggie ground
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp spicy pepper blend seasoning
- 2 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1 lg log goat cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg bow tie pasta
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Cook pasta until still mostly crunchy. Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic until caramelized. Saute veggie ground until browned.
Combine all ingredients except pasta. Cook 10 minutes until cheeses are melted.
Add cooked pasta, simmer 10 minutes.
For a stronger goat cheese flavor add less cream cheese. For a bit of bite add 1-2 cups old cheddar cheese.
You'll also love
- Pink Truffled Ravioli with Goat... 3.2/5 (218 Votes)
- Vegetarian Taco Salad 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Banana Pepper Lasagna 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Super Simple Meatloaf Recipe 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Acapulco Chick'n 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Red tamarind chutney for chaat -... 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Gumbo 2.8/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!