This is a creamy vegetarian chick'n dish that goes in tortillas.
- 2 pkg vegan soy chick'n strips
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 sm tub sour cream
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups green chili salsa
- 1 pkg soy pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup old cheddar, shredded
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 12 tortillas
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Caramelize onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Brown chick'n in sesame oil.
Blend mushroom soup and rice until smooth.
Combine all ingredients except tortillas. Pour into a greased baking dish.
Bake 20 minutes at 350*F.
Spoon into tortillas to serve.
For a different variation, spoon into corn tortillas and bake 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Green Peppers 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Red tamarind chutney for chaat -... 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Vegetable Burgers 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Sides- Carrot Achar 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Chili Lime Chick'n 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ KFC Star Chicken Wraps 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Taco Pie 2.8/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!