Vegetarian Bacon Cheddar Waffles
These waffles are so good that meat-eaters won't notice that it's vegetarian.
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar plus more to serve
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp creole hot sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 lg sweet onion
- diced and sauteed
- 1 cup vegan simulated bacon bits
- 1 cup old cheddar
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir in bacon, onion, and cheddar. Mix well.
Pour ito waffle maker. Cook until crispy and no longer doughy.
Top with vinegar to serve.
For a lunchtime meal, you can add chopped tomatoes, banana peppers, thai peppers, sauteed mushroom or any other vegetables to the batter.
You'll also love
- Vegetarian Broccoli Salad with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Mac and Cheddar Cheese with... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Onions, Mushrooms and Peas...oh my 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Beef Strogonoff 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Deviled eggs 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Quick French Toast 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Parmesan Hash Brown Cups 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Shepherd's Pie 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!