St. Tropez Tart
Great for vegetarians.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 1 Tbsp Greek olives
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini
- sliced thin
- 8 tomato slices
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Bottom of the pie shell sprinkle mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, thyme, onion, olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Place sliced zucchini slices slightly overlapping so they cover the whole tart, then repeat with tomato slices.
Blend half and half & eggs, pour over shell. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 375 F for 35-45 minutes. Inserted knife should come out clean when done.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (206 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (177 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (240 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Breton Artichoke 3.2/5 (253 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (235 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Breast 4.3/5 (105 Votes)
- Salmon Leek Lasagna 3.5/5 (190 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!