- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-incj cubes
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon ice water or more.
- 8 large about 4 pounds Golden Delicious or other tart apples
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for the tart top
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
crust: blind flour,sugar and salt in processor, add buter
whisk egg and 1tablesoopn ice water in small bowl to blend. add to processor and blend until moist clumps form, adding ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. gather dough into ball, flatten into disk, Wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour.
Roll out dough disk on floured surface to 13 inch round. transfer to 9 inch diameter tart pan with removable bottom. trim dough overhang to 1/2 inch. fold in and press onto pan, forming double-thick sides.
pierce crust all over with fork.
freeze crust 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375F. Line crust with foil.. fill with dried beans. Bake until crust sides are light brown, about 25 minutes.
Halve the apples, core them the end of vegetable peeler , and rub the halve with lemon use half of apple halves to make the applesauce filling. place the apple halves, flate sit down,on a work surface and cut through them sideways so you end up with 3 slices per half. lice into strips, then cubes. toss the cubes with lemon juice and put them in a pot with sugar, water, cinnamon and cook until the liquid evaporates.
Allow the applesauce to cool spread it over the lined tart ring.arrange the apple slices around the outside oh the tart.brush with melted butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar
bake until golden brown. let cool and gently lift off the tart ring.
For the Crust: Can be made 1 day ahead.Keep chilled.Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes to soften slightly before rolling out
You'll also love
- Mayan Molten Chocolate Cupcakes 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Ritz Cracker Fluff 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Upside-Down Cake 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Rhubarb Custard Pie 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Soaked Steel Cut Oat Muffins 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Ham Tomato Tart 4/5 (27 Votes)
- Applesauce Muffins 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.