Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.Or just put on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
You'll also love
- Greek Yogurt Sundae 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- 10-Minute Layered Ice Cream Cake 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate No Bakes 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Fluff Salad 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Cake and sauce 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Chocolate/Nutella Covered pretzels 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Cookies blanche 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries 4/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!