Cake and sauce
- Sugar 1 cup
- Butter- 1 stick
- Cinnamon- 1/8 tsp
- Bread flour- 1 1/4 cup
- Baking powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Evaporated milk- 1/2 cup
- For the sauce
- Strawberries cut to cubes 1 cup
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Water-1 cup
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350
Beat eggs, cream and sugar. Add milk.
Add flour, baking powder and cinnamon
Pour mixture into a greased pan and bake till a toothpick comes out clean. (About 30 min)
For the sauce
Boil all ingredients till the syrup is sticky
Serve cake with sauce
Add whipped cream on top for extra flavor
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!