Frozen Strawberry Dessert
Nathan's birthday cake every year!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pkg frozen strawberries, thawed (or1+ pounds fresh, chopped a bit)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix crust ingredients and brown for 10 minutes at 400 degrees in 9x13 cake pan, stirring after minutes. LET COOL! (and reserve 1/3 for the top, if you want)
Whip the cream and set aside.
Beat remaining ingredients until thick and fold in the cream. Pour over cooled crust and freeze. YUM!
You'll also love
- Bottomless Strawberry Apple Pie 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Mommy's Strawberry Pie 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Easy Soft and Chewy Cookies 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Coconut Cream pie 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- easy ice cream sandwiches 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Pancake Blackberry Cobbler 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Strawberry Treat 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- strawberry delight 2.7/5 (153 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.