Mommy's Strawberry Pie
This is made at all of our summer time cook outs and I opt for this for my birthday rather then a cake, so yummy.
- Graham cracker pie crust
- 1 pint of strawberries
- washed and diced into
- 1 package of strawberry gel/pie filler
- 2/3 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 carton of cool whip
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Place strawberries in the crust
Sprinkle the confectioners sugar over the strawberries
Put gel over the strawberries
Top with cool whip and chill
You'll also love
- Shortcake strawberry goo 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Graham Cracker Crust 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Graham Cracker Crust 2 4.1/5 (6 Votes)
- White Cake with Brown Sugar Sauce 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Watergate Salad 3.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Mushrooms, Chestnuts and Duck Pie 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Yum Yum Apple Pie 3.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Easy Microwave Chocolate Dipped... 2.9/5 (77 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!