Rate this recipe 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- 4 c. rhubarb, cut up
- 1 c. sugar
- 1-3 oz. pkg. strawberry jello
- 1 1/2c. water
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 1/2 c. butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Put cut rhubarb in 9x13 pan and sprinkle sugar and jello over top. Sprinkle jello powder over top.
Sprinkle dry cake mix over top and dot with butter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Rhubarb Cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Microwave cake 3.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Chess Pie 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Rum Cake 3/5 (269 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Bars 3/5 (18 Votes)
- Rhubarb Streusal Muffins 2.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Jiffy Rhubarb Dessert 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Pop Cake 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe