- 1 stick margarine
- 1c sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2c carnation milk
- 1/4c flour
- 1/4t salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 450*.
Cream butter and sugar. Mix remaining ingredients and add to butter/sugar mixture. Pour into pie crust.
Bake 10 minutes at 450*
then 40 minutes at 300*
You'll also love
- Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies 4.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Rhubarb Custard Pie 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Cold Stone Creamery Cake Batter... 3.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Fudge Brownie Pie 3.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Shortbread 3.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Copycat King’s Hawaiian Rolls 3.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Shepherd's Pie 3.4/5 (199 Votes)
- Chicken and Dumplings Soup 3.5/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!