Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies
- Sweet potato, peanut butter, all purpose flour, baking powder, virgin olive oil, milk, ginger, cinnamon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Clean and peel 1 sweet potato. Boil it for about 20-25 minutes
In a bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil, 1/2 a cup of melted peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of baking powderl and 1/2 a cup of milk. Mix well and create your dough. Based on the consistency, add more flour or more milk
Use a pie shaped cookie cutter to form your miniature pie shapes
Bake the miniature pie crusts for about 10-12 minutes and then remove from the oven
In a bowl, combine the boiled sweet potatoes, 1/4 a cup of milk, a pinch of ginger and a pinch of cinnamon. Mash and mix well. Add more milk for more creaminess if you desire
Now, spoon the decadent and delicious custard mixture into each of your miniature crusts
Bake for 25-35 minutes
Remove from the oven and let cool
Serve the yummy goodness!
You'll also love
- Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Frozen Fruit Juice Pie 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Mini Homemade Cheese Pizza 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Mini meatloafs 4.8/5 (61 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 4.1/5 (370 Votes)
- Holiday Taters 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Gingerbread Cheesecake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!
Review this recipe