- 8oz strawberries
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- generous 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 stick butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 F
Make the pastry dough by mixing the ingredients.
Spread in a tart or pie pan. Prick with a fork.
Then cook for about 20 minutes.
Heat the milk. Beat the egg yolks and sugar, and add flour.
Pour mixture into the boiling milk while stirring. Once the cream has thickened, remove from heat and add butter, whisking briskly.
Wash strawberries and cut in lengthwise.
On the bottom of the cooled dough, poor the chilled custard, then top with strawberries.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb with a Hint of... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies 4.4/5 (108 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for chocolate-covered... 4.4/5 (89 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Petite Strawberry Tarts 3.5/5 (184 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!