butter tart squares
- 1/2cup margarine
- 2tblsp icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1cup raisins
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Line a square baking dish with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together the first three ingredients together and press into bottom of prepared dish
Bake for only 5 minutes
Mix together the rest of the ingredients and pour over the baked crust
Bake for another 30 to 40 minutes
Let cool before slicing and store in a tightly covered container
Watch baking the last 10 minutes so it does not burn
You'll also love
- Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Hard Sauce 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Honey Mustard Corndogs 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Nuts and Bolts - Marks Mom 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Plain cookie on yogurt with jam. 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Butter Tart Filling 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Aye butter tarts 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Butter Tarts 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!