butter tart squares
- 1/2cup margarine
- 2tblsp icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1cup raisins
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Line a square baking dish with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together the first three ingredients together and press into bottom of prepared dish
Bake for only 5 minutes
Mix together the rest of the ingredients and pour over the baked crust
Bake for another 30 to 40 minutes
Let cool before slicing and store in a tightly covered container
Watch baking the last 10 minutes so it does not burn
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!