Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese
Sugar cookies with cream cheese in them.
- 1 c. sugar 1 c. soft butter 1 3oz. pack cream cheese 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract 1/2 tsp. vanilla 1 - egg yolk reserve whites in sm. bowl 2 1/4 c. flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 7mins
Cost Average budget
Mix room temp. cream cheese and butter.
Add sugar,salt,almond extract,vanilla,and egg yolk mix well.
Add flour slowly scraping the sides as needed mixing well.
Refrigerate 8hrs. or over night.
Flour surface flatten till 1/8 in. thick.Place on cookie sheet 1 in. apart.
Brush with beaten egg white and sprinkles or frost instead.
Bake 375 for 7-10 min.Done when slightly brown.Remove from cookie sheet.
I love these for cut outs with the kids for a Christmas tradition.With all different colored bowls of homeade frosting with paint brushes to color cookies.The kids love and nothing shows them more that you LOVE them!!
You'll also love
- Maple- Orange Prune Jingle Bells... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Hard Sauce 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Brown sugar Fudge 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Mother's Cream Puff's 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Ham Roll-Ups 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- 6 Ingredient Banana Bread 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Plain cookie on yogurt with jam. 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Cotton Candy Cones 4/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.