Betty's Cranberry Bread
3 recipes were found on the floor of my mother-in-law's apartment. This Cranberry Bread recipe was my husband's favorite.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- The rind of one large orange
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease and flour a loaf pan.
Combine the ingredients thoroughly.
Place the mixture into the loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
As with all baking and cooking, it helps if you can assemble all the ingredients in one place before you begin mixing.
You'll also love
- Christmas Tree Cake 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Chocolate sponge cake with gnash 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- CHEESE SCONES 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Nuts and Bolts - Marks Mom 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Banana Bread 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- American Sweet Potato Pie 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Roasted Leg Of Lamb 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you can get your hands on them, fresh almonds are delicious. That said, they can be quite tricky to peel. In this video we show you how to remove almond skins in just 5 easy steps!