American Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato puree (from 2 large cooked sweet potatoes)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Fit the pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate and prick with crust with the tines of a fork all over. Fill crust with pie weights and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove pie weights and continue baking 5 minutes more until crust is just blonde and barely showing color. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, both sugars, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla extract and lemon zest until well combined. Add the sweet potato puree, heavy cream and milk. Whisk again until well combined. Pour into pie crust and cover pie edges with a pie shield or foil. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove pie shield and continue baking 20 minutes more. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Turning store cookies into home... 4.6/5 (4 Votes)
- Healthy Yogurt Potato Salad 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Dates ball 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- VEGAN GRAVY 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- coconut pie 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Coleslaw 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Hamburger Pie 4.1/5 (54 Votes)
- Veal Sausages with Sweet Potatoes... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!