Rate this recipe 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
Recipewe ♡ 1 Picture
- 1 cabbage
- 1 onion (optional)
- 1 carrot
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup salad oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. celery salt or celery seed
Mix oil, vinegar, sugar and spices in pan. Heat and boil for 1 minute.
Put cabbage and carrot through food processor, chop onion.
Pour boiled oil mixture over slaw. Stir and put in fridge. Keeps well.
You'll also love
- Cesar Salad 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Guacamole 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Home made peanut sauce 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Korean Pancakes 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Italian Salad Chicken 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes with Meatballs 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Potato Wedges 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Clam chowder 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Delicious Stuffed Cabbages
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture
Review this recipe