- 1 cabbage
- 1 onion (optional)
- 1 carrot
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup salad oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. celery salt or celery seed
Mix oil, vinegar, sugar and spices in pan. Heat and boil for 1 minute.
Put cabbage and carrot through food processor, chop onion.
Pour boiled oil mixture over slaw. Stir and put in fridge. Keeps well.
You'll also love
- Red Lobster Biscuits 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Roast Beef 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Potato Refrigerator Rolls 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Peruvian Salsa Verde 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- DRUNK SALSA 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Tuna Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Loin with Fig-Port... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Luscious Slush Punch 3.6/5 (101 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture